There is nothing like a smell or a meal that can send you right back to a particular moment in time. Growing up in an Italian house, I distinctly remember many moments that involved food…really, really good food. Earlier this year, during some stressful weeks, we took a random trip over to Outer Banks, NC. While we were there, we stopped in a small smoothie shop. Listed on the menu was everything bagel egg avocado toast. We were all super hungry and were rushing to get back to see the sunset over the water. Needless to say, I paid $7.50 for 1 piece of avocado toast with hard boiled egg, everything bagel seasoning and red pepper flakes. But, you guys, it was seriously AH-MAY-ZING. Immediately, I wanted to go back home and replicate it…and for wayyyy cheaper.
Welp…here is the recipe! You even get 2 pieces of toast with this recipe! Ha! This avocado toast is so simple and easy. Each time I eat this, it brings me right back to that moment in OBX watching the sun set over the water. I hope you love it just as much as I do!
Everything Bagel Avocado Toast
Time to make: 5 minutes (including 2 minutes to make your toast)
- 1 “Just right” Avocado (For easy mashing)
- 1 Hard Boiled Egg
- 2 Pieces of Bread (use Gluten Free if you choose!)
- Everything Bagel Seasoning (Trader Joe’s EB seasoning is amazing!)
- Red Pepper Flakes
- Cut up your hard boiled egg. Sliced and diced will work for this.
- Slice and dice your avocado.
- Toast 2 pieces of bread to your preference- lightly toasted or dark.
- Pile your avocado on top of each piece of toast. Mash the avocado with a fork. You can always mash the avocado first and then place onto toast. This should look like an avocado “spread” on your toast.
- Top toast and avocado mash with hard boiled egg.
- Sprinkle on some Everything Bagel Seasoning. Add as much or as little as you would like.
- Top with a sprinkle of red pepper flakes. Opt for some spice or make it spicy, spicy.
If you love this, share it!
Other RTL Blog Posts You Might Enjoy!
Up on the docket today are these quick and easy (and healthy!) baked eggplant parmesan bites! They are so simple to make and require some ingredients you may even have on hand. This recipe is great for families who do meatless Monday or are just looking for a healthy veggie alternative! We made these healthier over the years by baking the breaded eggplant instead of frying them. Make these eggplant parmesan bites your go-to recipe just as we have over the years! Your toddlers may even love them as well! *gasp!*
To all those looking for meal planning inspiration, a simple method to follow, or just that extra nudge to save yourself some money….I got you! Just follow these simple steps to download and print these free meal planning printables and get started!
You guys! It dawned on me that our family has now been using Instacart and getting our groceries delivered at our home for a full year!…and let me tell you, I don’t think we will ever NOT use an online grocery service from here on out. I think I even have the hubs hooked! We are both obsessed with using Instacart not only for the hassle and time savings, but we found that we actually started saving money. Yes, you read that right! We started S.A.V.I.N.G. money! Instacart for us means more homemade meals, less food waste, more money in our pockets and more time spent on stuff we need or want to be doing each week like RVing and spending time with family.