Hello there friends! Is quarantine life making you into the chef you’ve always wanted to be but never had time for? NO?….ok…me either!! Ha! Between working from home, our daughter running around, crafts and playdoh, keeping up with cleaning and just doing all the things, who feels like cooking 3 full meals a day? Some days I feel like I’m stuck in this 50’s time warp trying to come up with 3 meals a day to serve to all the humans in this house. It’s exhausting! As the week’s go on, I am pulling out all the recipes that are 30 mins or less that I know. Because I know these recipes taste great and everyone loves them! Brownie points to mama bear for spending less time in the kitchen each day!
Up on the docket today are these quick and easy (and healthy!) baked eggplant parmesan bites! They are so simple to make and require some ingredients you may even have on hand. This recipe is great for families who do meatless Monday or are just looking for a healthy veggie alternative! We made these healthier over the years by baking the breaded eggplant instead of frying them. Make these healthy eggplant parmesan bites your go-to recipe just as we have over the years! Your toddlers may even love them as well! *gasp!*
This post may contain affiliate links which means we receive a small commission when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you. As always, we only support products and brands we love and all thoughts and opinions shared here are our own! Click here to see our full disclosure.
Check out these neat non-stick baking mats we use for this recipe and many others! They are from Amazon Basics and super eco-friendly. We can reuse them for years and eliminate the use of aluminum foil!
Related Post: Eliminate or Reduce These 4 Household Items To Save Some Serious Money
Baked Eggplant Parmesan Bites
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
These eggplant parmesan bites are quick, easy, require few ingredients, and are a great healthy veggie alternative to traditional chicken parm! We know you and your family (even the littles) will love them!
- 1 large eggplant
- Italian breadcrumbs (sub in gluten free breadcrumbs if you want)
- 1-2 eggs
- Cooking spray
- 1 jar pasta sauce of choice (we use Prego)
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Dried oregano
- Dried parsley
- Garlic powder
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
- Slice the eggplant into 1/4″ slices.
- Crack 1 egg into a large bowl and scramble. Add your breadcrumbs to another large bowl.
- Dip a slice of your eggplant into the scrambled egg. Coat thoroughly. Then dip your egg coated slice into the breadcrumbs. Place breadcrumb coated slice onto a lined baking sheet. Repeat until all slices are coated with breadcrumbs.
- Lightly spray the coated eggplant slices on your baking sheet with cooking spray. (This allows them to get crispy while they are baking!)
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes at 375 degrees F.
- Once the first side is crispy, flip them over, lightly coat them with cooking spray and place tray back into the oven for an additional 10 minutes or until second side is crispy.
- When the second side is nice and crispy, you are ready for toppings! Add a spoonful of pasta sauce to each baked eggplant slice. Sprinkle garlic powder over the pasta sauce.
- Add shredded mozzarella to each slice over the pasta sauce. (Feel free to get creative with your cheese toppings! Sometimes we add freshly grated parmesan cheese if we have any!)
- Sprinkle dried oregano and parsley over each slice for garnish.
- Place eggplant slices back into the oven to melt your cheese, about 5-8 minutes. The cheese should be bubbly and start to brown. If they don’t get crispy, turn the oven up to 400 degrees and bake until the cheese starts to bubble
- And voila! Your ready to serve these bad boys up and dive right into a mouth full of amazingness!
Related Post: Cheesy Enchilada Burritos
Related Post: Easy Meal Idea- Everything Bagel Avocado Toast
Related Post: Download These Free Weekly Meal Planning Printables!